Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The good and the bad..

I’m truly happy that my son didn’t have his bottled formula milk yesterday. The whole day went by without a single sip or even a mention of his ‘nenen’.

Well, 4 yo Nabil had been down to 3 bottles a day. One on the way to school, one on the way home from school and one before bed. I have been giving him and making sure he takes his glass of milo on the way to school. I like the family to take milo in the morning and I make it with milk instead of the Malaysian favourite of milo kosong.

For his on the way home nenen, I replaced it with some cookies/crackers or a bun.

Now, the final touch….how do u replace that last bottle that he takes before he falls asleep? I decided to make Hot Chocolate after dinner. Young man drank a mug and asked for more. Another mug and he was happy. Then we did the going to bed routine (minus the bottle) and he fell asleep.

I slept smiling as now Nabil is moving to a new stage…J also the fact that I’m almost out of formula and I won’t be thinking of buying more….

On the other side, I spoke to Dr Zarin on Nabil’s snoring. (I’m not talking childlike snores, he snores like an adult). Nabil’s tonsils are big. Dr Zarin says that most probably his adenoids are also big. Since Nabil has been complaining about his hearing, so that could also be related :(. I’ve read about this situation on the net and most of the time the next step is surgery as the condition causes him to stop breathing during his sleep…sleep apnea la pulak…

No comments:

PKP - Covid 19 - RESTRICTION MOVEMENT CONTROL

Hello world. Apparently this is as big of a world I can get right now besides the house. Malaysia has been forced to do a restriction moveme...